Arrange a 1- to 1.5-hour session with your volunteer. During your session, please collect a health history from your volunteer to serve as the evidence source for your short paper this week. You should also practice the focus exam skills learned thus far including cardiovascular, respiratory systems, and exam of the skin, hair, and nails. The short paper reflects the compilation and analysis of data collected during the patient volunteer health history interview. The paper is private between the student and instructor. Within the paper, you will have the opportunity to discuss interview techniques and strategies that were utilized in the patient interview to facilitate therapeutic communication with a patient. You will also provide a brief synopsis of the health history information that was collected, describe health risks and health behaviors that were identified in the volunteer interview, and prioritize a health promotion need. Be sure to address all of the required elements outlined in the prompt. Prompt This week you completed a health history interview with your patient volunteer. Address the following prompts based on your experience:
Discuss the interviewing skills that were utilized when collecting the volunteer’s health history information. What strategies were used to develop therapeutic rapport with the patient?
Provide a brief synopsis of the pertinent health history information that was collected.
Analyze the collected health history. Describe potential health risks and health behaviors that were identified in the volunteer interview.
Prioritize one health promotion need that was identified in the volunteer interview. Include rationale as to why this need was identified as a priority. Rubric
Guidelines for Submission: Use APA formatting for any references and in-text citations. Your paper should be 2 to 3 pages in length with 12-point Times New Roman font. Submit the assignment as a Word document. For additional details, please refer to the Module Three Short Paper Guidelines and Rubric document.
About My Volunteer
· 28 year old African American Male
· Was chubby/obese as a kid and lost weight when in High School.
· Lives alone.
· Has 1 brother and 1 sister.
· No known allergies
· Works in data analysis and can work in the office or at home.
· Height 6’3 Weight 180lbs
· No history of surgeries, but fell at age 26 and sustained a deep wound to the right knee requiring 6 stitches.
· No diagnosis of any diseases.
· Eats lots of fried food, food high in cholesterol and loves salmon.
· He doesn’t really know how to cook. Can only really cook breakfast so orders out a lot.
· Barely exercises
· Drinks socially with friends.
· Does not smoke.
· Mom is diabetic and has stage 4-kidney disease and goes to dialysis 3 times a week.
· Dad has hypertension.
· Unsure of grandparents family health history.