Application 4: Planning for Change, Implementing and Evaluating EBP Projects
Evaluating EBP Projects
Many factors influence how successfully an EBP Project is implemented and evaluated. As noted in this week’s Learning Resources, using a translation framework can facilitate effective implementation and the evaluation of outcomes.
As you complete Application 4, revisit the evidence-based practice model or framework you selected for your EBP Project (Application 2 [see attached file]). How does the model or framework facilitate the evaluation of outcomes? Would another model or framework better meet the needs of your project?
To prepare for this week’s section of Application 4:
- Continue (from this week’s Discussion[ use the discussion you are currently working on for me]) to:
- Identify an appropriate method for evaluating your outcomes.
- Develop new practice guidelines based on the possible results of the evaluation.
- Create, if appropriate, new standards of care that would be based on the new practice guidelines.
This paper should be written in APA format with a minimum of 8 scholarly references. All level 1 & 2 headers must be as in the grading rubric (see attached file). The paper must also include an introduction ending with a purpose statement and a conclusion as per APA guidelines. Do not go over the required maximum of 8-page. The Paper must be cited often and throughout.
The full Application 4 is due by Wednesday 10/31/18 before midgnight of this week. Instructions for how to prepare for previous sections of this Application have been provided in Weeks 8 and 9 (see attached files on WK8 & WK9 discussions you previously did for me).
To complete: (See attached Grading Rubric)
Write a 4- to 8-page paper that addresses the following:
1) Planning for EBP Change (see attached file on WK8 Discussion)
a) Analyze the impact of implementing change in your practice environment, including the factors that need to be considered regarding stakeholders and end users.
b) Summarize the methods you would use to ensure that those are adequately addressed.
2) Implementing EBP Projects (see attached file on WK9 Discussion)
a) Identify the desired outcomes of your EBP Project.
b) Describe any macro or micro systems issues that may inhibit implementation and strategies for resolving those issues.
c) Explain how resolving your EBP Project issue will improve quality and patient safety.
3) Evaluating EBP Projects (See this week Discussion you are currently working on)
a) Describe evaluation strategies.
b) Formulate new practice guidelines based on the possible results of the evaluation of outcomes.
c) Describe, if appropriate, new standards of care relevant to the new practice guidelines
White, K. M., Dudley-Brown, S., & Terharr, M. F. (2016). Translation of evidence into nursing and health care practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 4, “Translation of Evidence to Improve Clinical Outcomes”
- Chapter 5, “Translation of Evidence for Improving Safety and Quality”
- Chapter 7, “Translation of Evidence for Health Policy”
- Chapter 17, “Data Management and Evaluation of Translation”
- Chapter 14, “Creating a Culture That Promotes Translation”
- Chapter 15, “Best Practices in Translation: Challenges and Barriers in Translation”
Darling, F. (2016). Practitioners’ views and barriers to implementation of the Keeping Birth Normal tool: A pilot study. British Journal of Midwifery, 24(7), 508-519.
Sadeghi-Bazargani, H., Tabrizi, J.S., & Azami-Aghdash, S. (2014). Barriers to evidence-based medicine: a systematic review. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, 20, 793-802.
Smith, E.L., Rice, K.L., & Agrell-Kann, M. (2015). Improving quality outcomes using a champion model for ancillary nursing staff, Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 46(12), 539-5