1. Review the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global health agenda and select one global health issue to focus on for this Assignment.
2. Select at least one additional country to compare to the U.S. for this Assignment.
3. Reflect on how the global health issue you selected is approached in the U.S. and in the additional country you selected.
Global Health Comparison Grid Template
Use this document to complete the Module 6 Assessment Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement
Global Healthcare Issue
Describe the policy in each country related to the identified healthcare issue
What are the strengths of this policy?
What are the weaknesses of this policy?
Explain how the social determinants of health may impact the specified global health issue. (Be specific and provide examples)
How has each country’ government addressed cost, quality, and access to the selected global health issue?
How has the identified health policy impacted the health of the global population? (Be specific and provide examples)
Describe the potential impact of the identified health policy on the role of nurse in each country.
Explain how global health issues impact local healthcare organizations and policies in both countries. (Be specific and provide examples)
Part 2: A Plan for Social Change
Reflect on the global health policy comparison and analysis you conducted in Part 1 of the Assignment and the impact that global health issues may have on the world, the U.S., your community, as well as your practice as a nurse leader.
In a 1-page response, create a plan for social change that incorporates a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
1. Explain how you would advocate for the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
2. Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens might impact your local practice and role as a nurse leader.
3. Explain how the incorporation of a global perspective or lens into your local practice as a nurse leader represents and contributes to social change. Be specific and provide examples.
© 2018 Laureate Education Inc. 2