You will need to complete this simulation in order to answer your Discussion Prompt this week! Throughout the course, you have learned about research ethics. This simulation will let you see how some of those ethical concerns play out in the clinical setting along with the real-life consequences that can result.
Each role places you in several situations in which you must make decisions that affect patients, family, and your professional ethics and moral values.
In order to access the Research Clinic scenario, follow the directions below:
1. Open the website https://ori.hhs.gov/research-clinic and click on “Play Full Video.”
2. Watch the introductory video, then select the character you want to play. You may play as many characters as you like.
3. Click on “Jan Klein, RN” to play the simulation from a nurse perspective.
Conducting research with strong ethical principles is a critical component of being an effective nurse researcher.
· In the research simulation activity, which character(s) did you play?
· What did you learn about ethical principles in research?
· Are ethics in research clear cut, or do you think there are some gray areas?
his simulation will let you see how some of those ethical concerns play out in the clinical setting along with the real-life consequences that can result. research ethics-ethical concerns play out in the clinical setting