1. If you wish to extract aqueous acetic acid into hexane, is it more effective to adjust the aqueous phase to pH 3 or pH 8?
2. A chromatogram with ideal Gaussian bands has tr = 17.5 min and w 1/2 = 1.50 min. A) How many theoretical plates are present? B) Find the plate height if the column is 10 cm long.
3. Match the terms in the first list with the characteristics in the second list and give an example of how each type of chromatography could be used in analytical chemistry.
1. adsorption chromatography
2. partition chromatography
3. ion-exchange chromatography
4. molecular exclusion chromatography
5. affinity chromatography
a. Ions in mobile phase are attracted to the counterions covalently attached to stationary phase
b. Different-sized solutes penetrate voids in stationary phase to different extents. Largest solutes are eluted first.
c. Solute equilibrates between mobile phase and surface of stationary phase.
d. Solute in mobile phase is attracted to specific groups covalently attached to stationary phase
e. Solute equilibrates between mobile phase and film of liquid attached to stationary phase.
4.Solute S has a partition coefficient of 3.0 between water (phase 1) and chloroform (phase 2) in equation 22-1.
a) Calculate the concentration of S in chloroform if [S (aq)] is 0.015M.
b) If the volume of water is 70.0 mL and the volume of chloroform is 12.0 mL, find the quotient (mol S in chloroform)/(mol S in water).
We provide our clients with 100% unique papers or assignments. This proves how much we value you
We guarantee quality services. Confidentiality of your information is our first priority.
We handle your work according to instructions you have provided. If you feel we did not meet your requirements, ask for revision. We also guarantee your money back if we do not follow your instructions per sayRead more
We have no tolerance to plagiarism. Our experts double check your work to ensure its free of palgiarism. If any case of copied work is identified, we handle it with utmost severityRead more
We are happy for trusting us with your assignment. Collegessaysonline offers you unlimited number of revisions as an act of courtesy. We want you to succeed in your future endeavors.Read more
Our Company is committed to protect your privacy. We do not compromise your privacy by using your personal details for our own gain. As an act of courtesy, we assure you complete anonymityRead more
By outsourcing our services, you agree to trust us with your work. We will do all it takes to meet your instructions. We ask for your coperation to help us reach our goals.Read more