NSG 6435 Week 5 Discussion
Discussion: iHuman Case Study – Cardiovascular and Hematologic Disorders in Children
iHuman Case Study – Cardiovascular and Hematologic Disorders in Children
This discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area.
To support your work, use your course textbook readings and the South University Online Library.As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible.Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial postings.Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion.Cite sources in your responses to other classmates.Complete your participation for this assignment.
For this assignment, you will complete an iHuman case study based on the course objectives and weekly content.iHuman cases emphasize core learning objectives for an evidence-based primary care curriculum.Throughout your nurse practitioner program, you will use the iHuman case studies to promote the development of clinical reasoning through the use of ongoing assessments and diagnostic skills and to develop patient care plans that are grounded in the latest clinical guidelines and evidence-based practice.
The iHuman assignments are highly interactive and a dynamic way to enhance your learning.Material from the iHuman cases may be present in the quizzes, the midterm exam, and the final exam.
Here you can view information on how to access and navigate iHuman.
This week, complete the iHuman case titled “Robert Ross.”
Apply information from the iHuman Case Study to answer the following questions:
- Robert Ross is a 17 year-old male who presents with acute chest pain, palpitations, fever and malaise.He has had symptoms suggestive of a viral syndrome for the past week, but otherwise has no significant past medical history.
- What questions would you ask to gather important diagnostic information?
- How would you diagnose and manage this 17 year old male whose symptoms include palpitations, fever and malaise?
- Which diagnostic studies would you recommend for this patient.Include the rationale for ALL diagnostics and Labs?
- What physical exam findings and diagnostic results would be concerning to you and why? What would be three differentials in this case? Identify additional life threatening diagnoses that must be considered when a patient presents with acute chest pain.
- What is the treatment (including rationale) for Robert and education for the family?
NSG 6435 Week 5 Assignment 3
Assignment 3: SOAP Note
Each week, you are required to enter your patient encounters into eMedley.Your faculty will be checking to ensure you are seeing the right number and mix of patients for a good learning experience.You will also need to include a minimum of one complete SOAP note using the Pediatric SOAP Note template.SOAP note should be related to the content covered in this week, and the completed note should be submitted to the Dropbox.When submitting your note, be sure to include the reference number from eMedley.
enter your patient encounters into eMedley and complete at least one SOAP note in the template provided.
Name your SOAP note document SU_NSG6435_W5_A3_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Include the reference number from eMedley in your document.