1. Imagine that a company is entering foreign markets for the first time with a new product. Explain how that company would act and react using the “calm waters” metaphor and the “white water rapids” metaphor. Under what conditions would each be successful?
2. You have an employee that appears willing to do whatever is necessary to rise to the top of the organization. She also continually dominates team discussions and according to many who work with her appears to think quite a bit of her own talents. What personality forces are at work and how might they impact organizational goals? As her manager, how do you harness her efforts for the company’s good?
3. Would a self-managed, cross-functional, or problem-solving team be best for dealing with i) a crisis, ii) researching the next generation product, or iii) developing the five-year strategy for a School of Business? Explain each.
4. My boss believes that, “money talks and everything else walks.” She constantly states that “praising an employee’s work, listening to their concerns, and making them feel like they are part of a team that has accomplished something positive is useless without money.” How would you respond to her statements based on the concept of Equity Theory? Also, how would you respond to her based on the concepts of the Two-Factor Theory? Explain why you agree or disagree with her statements.
5. What are the primary differences between Contingency Theories of leadership and the concept of the Managerial Grid? Which theory applies to leadership in the military, civil service, and a cutting-edge small technology firm? Explain.
We provide our clients with 100% unique papers or assignments. This proves how much we value you
We guarantee quality services. Confidentiality of your information is our first priority.
We handle your work according to instructions you have provided. If you feel we did not meet your requirements, ask for revision. We also guarantee your money back if we do not follow your instructions per sayRead more
We have no tolerance to plagiarism. Our experts double check your work to ensure its free of palgiarism. If any case of copied work is identified, we handle it with utmost severityRead more
We are happy for trusting us with your assignment. Collegessaysonline offers you unlimited number of revisions as an act of courtesy. We want you to succeed in your future endeavors.Read more
Our Company is committed to protect your privacy. We do not compromise your privacy by using your personal details for our own gain. As an act of courtesy, we assure you complete anonymityRead more
By outsourcing our services, you agree to trust us with your work. We will do all it takes to meet your instructions. We ask for your coperation to help us reach our goals.Read more