please correct and send back within 24 hrs
HIT204, Intermediate Medical Coding
Project Number: 38166000
As a medical coder, you’ll assign CPT codes for physician procedures and services. This graded project is designed to
1. Test your knowledge of CPT coding principles and procedures
2. Gauge your ability to accurately apply coding guidelines with regard to CPT codes and modifiers
3. Analyze your accuracy with respect to HCPCS code assignment
4. Determine your ability to differentiate CPT and HCPCS5.
Summarize what you’ve learned about CPT and HCPCS coding INSTRUCTIONS your graded project has three parts. Be sure to complete all three parts prior to submitting your project.
Review the following scenario. Assign the CPT code(s). Add one or more modifiers, if necessary.
A 71-year-old male patient comes to the hospital after having been previously diagnosed with benign prostatic hypertrophy with urinary obstruction. Due to this condition, the patient is experiencing increased urination, straining during urination, and a continual feeling of fullness after the bladder has been emptied. The physician performs a cystourethroscopy to examine the condition of the bladder and urethra, and then subsequently performs a UroLift transprostatic implant procedure using three adjustable implants. CPT code(s): __600.01__ (2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 600.01 ) (Barisa, 2016). Comment by Joyce, Barbara: -20Highlighted codes incorrectMissing two cpt codesMissing unit amountCorrect coding _ _ _ _ _ , _ _ _ _ _ x ___ (units)
Review each of the following procedures. Assign the CPT code(s). Add one or more modifiers, if necessary.
1. An established patient comes to the office complaining of migraine headaches. The physician performs an expanded problem-focused history and exam. The physician’s medical decision making is of low complexity. During the office visit, the physician also removes a benign 0.5 cm lesion from the back of the patient’s left hand. CPT code(s): CPT Code G43.909 Comment by Joyce, Barbara: -10Highlighted code incorrectMissing one E/M code with modifierMissing one cpt code with modifier
2. A physician removes an intraocular foreign body from the anterior chamber of the patient’s eye. An allergy statement in the patient’s medical record indicates that the patient is allergic to local anesthesia. For this reason, general anesthesia is administered. The anesthesiologist is not available to administer anesthesia. The surgeon performs the anesthesia administration instead.CPT code(s): CPT code 65273 Comment by Joyce, Barbara: -10Incorrect cpt code digitsMissing two modifiersCorrect coding 652_ _ – _ _ – _ _
3. A surgeon performs a total abdominal hysterectomy with partial removal of the vagina, lymph node sampling, and removal of the ovary. The coder assigns code 58200-51. Is this code correct or incorrect? Why or why not? Correct. Reasons – Total abdominal hysterectomy, including partial vaginectomy, with para-aortic and pelvic lymph node sampling, with or without removal of tube(s), with or without removal of ovary(s) (Barisa, 2016). Comment by Joyce, Barbara: -5The cpt code is correct but the modifier should be omitted because the procedures are bundled into code 58200
Review each of the following procedures. Assign the HCPCS code(s).
4. A patient weighing 252 pounds sustains a hip fracture. The physician prescribes a Group 2 standard single power wheelchair with a solid seat, solid back, and as ling. Code 27267, Code 27268, and Code 27269 Comment by Joyce, Barbara: -10Highlighted codes incorrectMissing one HCPCS code
5. A patient comes to the emergency room complaining of a chronic migraine. The nurse administers a 1 unit injection of onabotulinumtoxin AN .HCPCS code(s): HCPCS 2016 Code: J0585 (Barisa, 2016).
6. A patient with chronic venous insufficiency comes to the doctor’s office complaining of leg pain. The physician prescribes two thigh-length gradient compression stockings, 45 mmHg each. HCPCS code(s): I83.811 – I83.819 (Barisa, 2016). Comment by Joyce, Barbara: -10Highlighted codes incorrectMissing one HCPCS codeMissing unit amountCorrect coding _ _ _ _ _ x ___ (units)
Review the following coding scenario. Assign the CPT code(s) for the wound repair only.
A patient comes to the emergency room after sustaining a 12.2-cm wound to the left side of her face. She was cut with a piece of glass during a physical altercation with her husband. The physician performs a detailed history and examination. Medical decision making was of moderate complexity. The physician repairs the facial wound without difficulty; however, the wound requires extensive cleaning to remove the glass particles beforehand. The physician also repaired a superficial 2.5-cm wound to the left ear. Both wounds were closed using 4-0 Vicryl.CPT code(s): 12001-12021_and G0168 (Barisa, 2016). Comment by Joyce, Barbara: -20Incorrect cpt code digitsMissing one modifierIncorrect code G0168 (not needed)Correct coding 120_ _ , 120_1 – _ _
Barisa, M. T. (2016). CPT Codes. Practical Psychology in Medical Rehabilitation, 491-504. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-34034-0_54
Why Choose Us
College Research Papers
We offer professionally written research papers to our clients. We ensure all instructions are followed and that your custom paper is perfect. For a custom research paper, we have expert writers to help you. They will write your paper and earn you good grades
Professional Academic Writers
Are you looking for professional essay writers? Do you need custom paper writers to do your assignment? College essays online is packed with experienced writers who will handle your write my essay request. Order today to get quality services
Free Unlimited Revisions
Do you feel like your paper did not meet the requirements? Is there some instructions that have been skipped? Do not panic. Resubmit your essay for free and unlimited revisions. College essays online work to ensure our clients are satisfied.
Do you have an urgent essay and you don't know what to do? Do you have very little to do your assignments. Visit our online essay writing service for assistance. We have professional essay writers who will take your urgent paper. We have the best turn-around timein the market
If you are looking for a place to find original and plagiarism-free papers, visit collegessaysonline.com. We write your essay from scratch following your instructions. We ensure that every requirement is met, be it quality, delivery time, instructions etc.
24/7 Customer Support
If you have any concern or request, contact us anytime. We have a large team of customer support that are available 24/7. If it's a revision, send the revision file and any additional instructions and we will take care. Do not hesitate, Place an order with us today!
Are you looking for help with an argumentative essay? Do you have difficulties writing an argumentative essay? College essays online is here to help you. We will write a custom essay that meets your requirements. Do not feel overwhelmed, visit our cheap college essay website for professional academic writing help.
Do you need help with a reflection paper? Are you feeling challenged when writing a reflective essay? Are you looking for someone to write my reflection essay help? College essay writers have the answer to your problems. Submit your reflective paper assignment and let our paper writers do the difficult work.
If you are looking for someone to write an award winning scholarship essay, you landed at the right place. Our custom essay writers are professionals and have a 10 year experience. We will write a scholarship paper that will impress the scholarship committee. Hurry to get 25% discount.
Are you looking for a critical analysis essay help? Do you need an online essay writing service to write your critical thinking essay? Visit our college essay website for help. We have professional essay writers who will develop a perfect critical essay for you.
Ethics is a prominent subject in many schools. Professors often ask students to reflect on a topic on ethics and write an essay. This requires a lot of research and knowledge. If you have been assigned an ethical research essay, contact essay writers at college essays online for assistance.
A narrative essay requires a student to tell a story about something. It might be historical or a present narration. This type of essay follows certain rules and instructions. When you face challenges writing a narrative paper, visit our narrative essay writing service.