Using the maps below, answer the following questions about the gel:
1. Identify the lane with the pAMP fragments.
2. Identifigy the lane with the pKAN fragments.
3. Which restriction fragment of pAMP contains the amp resistance gene?
4. Which restriction fragment of pKAN contains the kan resistance gene?
5. Which restriction fragment is 784 bp?
6. Why are the pKAN fragments so close together?
Two strains of E. coli were inoculated on the media shown below. E. coli strain 1 is sensitive to ampicillin and kanamycin. E. coli strain 2 is resistant to ampicillin and kanamycin. Explain the following results:
https://media.pearsoncmg.com/bc/bc_tfc_microplace_9/supplement/newimages/ecoli_na2.jpeg E. coli 1 on nutrient agar