Reflection on Achievement of Outcomes
The final week will focus on Global Policy Reform and the impact on patient care. Students read the Berwick article and respond to the required discussions. In addition, students reflect on what they have learned in NR506NP and how it is applicable to their upcoming clinical courses.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this discussion, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Understand the role of advanced practice nursing in the International Context (CO2)
2. Research global aspects of healthcare and the effect on the US healthcare system (CO5)
3. Discuss the implications of global health on your clinical practice (CO5)
Initial responses to the discussion topic must be posted by Wednesday 11:59pm MT. Two additional posts to peers and/or faculty are due by Sunday at 11:59pm MT. Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due.
A 10% late penalty will be imposed for discussions posted after the deadline on Wednesday of week 8 by 11:59PM MST, regardless of the number of days late. NOTHING will be accepted after 11:59pm MT on Saturday (i.e. student will receive an automatic 0). Week 8 discussion closes on Saturday at 11:59pm MT.
Total Points Possible: 100
Berwick, D., Snair, M., & Nishtar, S. (2018). Crossing the global health care quality chasm: A key component of universal health coverage. Journal of American Medical Association, 320(13), 1317-1318.
Read the Berwick article and reflect on the concepts and practices you have learned in NR506 on healthcare systems, politics, and health policy. Reflections should include:
1. How to make informed decisions on nursing practice and patient outcomes on a global basis. In addition, state how you will apply what you have learned in this course to your upcoming practicum experience.
2. Describe how one will apply content from NR506NP to the upcoming clinical courses.
|Making informed decisions||40||40%||Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry sharing insights as how to make informed decisions on nursing practice and patient outcomes on a global basis. Uses valid, relevant, and reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion.|
|Application to Clinical Practice||35||35%||Provides relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry stating how one may apply content learned in this course to future clinical practice. Uses valid, relevant, and reliable outside sources to contribute to the threaded discussion.
|Total CONTENT Points= 75 pts|
|Interactive Dialogue||20||20%||4 Required Elements:
· Responds a minimum of two other posts to peers and/or faculty in the threaded discussion;
· Responses to peer/faculty are substantive (adds importance, depth, and meaningfulness to the discussion)
· Responds to all direct questions from faculty (if no question asked directly, student responded to questions posed to the entire class)
· Summarizes what was learned from the lesson, readings, and other student posts for the week. The summary could be included in one of the three minimum posts.
|Grammar, Syntax, Spelling, & Punctuation||5||5%||Grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation are accurate.|
|Total FORMAT Points= 25 pts|
|DISCUSSION TOTAL=100 points|
Search entries or author