DOC 700 WEEK 3 Scholarship, Practice, and Leadership Paper
Scholarship, Practice, and Leadership Paper
Review the Materials included with this assignment.
Write an 875- to 1,050-word paper analyzing and evaluating the relationship between information literacy—as described in the literature—and each aspect of the scholar-practitioner-leader model as it relates to your professional context. Your paper should:
- Explain the topic of information literacy as critical to your doctoral success.
- Summarize your analytical framework, as derived from your analysis.
- Describe the findings of your analysis. Note: Pay special attention to the analytical operations mentioned in the rubric.
- Explain the assumptions underlying your conclusions (evaluation).
- Support your conclusions with informed, reasoned judgments that draw upon evidence from the literature.
Consider the questions below as you write your analysis:
- What would a leader in your discipline look like with no scholarly background?
- What would a practitioner in your discipline look like with no leadership skills?
Consider the questions below as you write your evaluation:
- What if scholars in your discipline had minimal access to information literacy materials?
- What is something that you’re doing in your discipline that relates to information literacy? How does it connect to the SPL model?
- What is the value of SPL access to information literacy in your discipline?
Include four sources in your paper. Three sources must be from the assigned Electronic Reserve Readings. The fourth source must be from a peer-reviewed source of your choice.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Scholarship, Practice, and Leadership Paper assignment.
Note. No author’s note or abstract is required for this Scholarship, Practice, and Leadership Paper assignment.
DOC 700 WEEK 5 Revised Scholarship, Practice, and Leadership Paper
In Week 3, you completed an analysis and evaluation of the literature to inform the development of your SPL paper. In this assignment, you will engage your informed voice to expand upon the Week 3 SPL paper by adding a layer of creative synthesis.
One important way to develop synthesis is to re-frame from a scholarly perspective to a professional perspective. This can help you to create a new design or professional practice of information literacy. You can also move towards synthesis by asking new key questions about information literacy which have not been asked in the materials you have read thus far.
Your Week 5 assignment submission should include the following:
- Refine your Week 3 Scholarship, Practice, and Leadership paper by implementing the faculty feedback and the improvement strategies from your Week 4 Revision Template.
- Differentiate your revisions using a yellow highlight or red font so they are visible to your faculty member.
- Add an additional section to your revised draft in which you add a layer of creative synthesis. To accomplish this, imagine you are in a room with the authors of your course textbooks. Expand on your paper by addressing the following questions:
- How will you contribute your informed voice to the conversation?
- What new understandings would be created as a result of your contribution?
- What professional practice do you think the authors are missing, that you could add?
- What if you extended the ideas into the future? What is a possible future information literacy model or metaphor or insight?
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment and self-assessment.