Assignment 2: Week 9 Practicum Journal: State Practice Agreements
In many states, nurse practitioners are completely autonomous professionals. In other states, however, NPs have a wide range of “restrictive” practice ranging from requirements for a “supervising” physician to requirements for a “collaborative” agreement with a physician.
In this Practicum Journal Assignment, you will examine the requirements of your own state in order to prepare yourself for the realities of practice upon graduation.
· Analyze state PMHNP practice agreements
· Analyze physician collaboration issues
· Analyze barriers to PMHNP independent practice
· Create plans for addressing state PMHNP practice issues
To Prepare for this Practicum Journal:
· Review practice agreements in your state.(Texas)
· Identify at least two physician collaboration issues in your state.
For this Practicum Journal:
· Briefly describe the practice agreements for PMHNPs in your state.(Texas)
· Explain the two physician collaboration issues that you identified.
· Explain what you think are the barriers to PMHNPs practicing independently in your state.
· Outline a plan for how you might address PMHNP practice issues in your state.
A clear purpose statement (The purpose of this paper is to…) is required in the introduction of all writings.
you are required to cite scholarly resources including peer-review journals and current practice At lease within the last 5 years 2015-2020.
guidelines ( May use https://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/index.html )
Please, all bullets points, bold, red and highlighted area must be attended to.