The Marjin-O’Heara, a polling and research corporation, creates reports to help different companies design and market new products. The Marjin-O’Heara’s two most recent clients are CoSport and Blockbuster Entertainment. CoSport is planning to introduce a new basketball jersey design. Blockbuster Entertainment is releasing a sequel to a popular movie. Choose one of the reports and use statistical analysis to evaluate Marjin-O’Heara’s conclusions. Choose your report!
Marjin-O’Heara is investigating the color of the new jersey for a basketball team. The firm collected survey data from 400 fans after a game at the stadium and asked them to rate the color from 0 to 10 (where 0 is strongly dislike and 10 is strongly like). The data showed that the new color scored a sample average of 6.5. The sample standard deviation of the survey data was 0.4. Based upon the findings, Marjin-O’Heara recommended that CoSport put the new jerseys into production. In your assignment, you’ve been called in to analyze the data and evaluate the company’s finding.
Marjin-O’Heara is conducting an investigation to help its client decide whether to bring back a character in a sequel to a popular action film. The firm collected survey data from 900 fans who streamed the original film online, asking viewers to rate the character from 0 to 10 (where 0 is strongly dislike and 10 is strongly like). The character scored a sample average of 4.6 on the likability scale, with a sample standard deviation of 0.6. Based on the findings, Marjin-O’Heara recommended that Blockbuster Entertainment not include the character in the upcoming sequel. In your assignment, you’ve been called in to analyze the data and evaluate the company’s findings.
Marjin-O’Heara, a polling and research company, has created a recommendation report for your company to help with the design and marketing of a new product. Your company is looking for a likability score in the general population of at least 5.2, with a confidence level of 95%. You’ve been called in to analyze the data and evaluate Marjin-O’Heara’s findings.
Your Report Data
1. What company are you working for? List the statistical information the company has gathered. (2 points: 1 point for the company, 1 point for the information)
Creating a Data Model
2.To help evaluate the original report, draw a normal curve for the data Marjin-O’Heara collected. Include the values of the mean and the first three standard deviations in your sketch. (4 points: 1 point for the curve, 3 points for correct critical values)
3. The client was hoping for a likability score of at least 5.2. Use your sample mean and standard deviation to complete the following table for the margins of error and confidence intervals at different confidence levels. (6 points: 2 points for each completed row)Confidence level Margin of error Center of confidence interval (sample mean)Lower boundary of confidence interval Upper boundary of confidence interval68% 95% 99.7%
4. Your company has stated that it prefers to base its decisions on information that has a 95% confidence level. From the values in your table, what is the margin of error for your sample mean at 95%? What is the confidence interval for your sample mean at 95%? Is the company’s likability goal within or below the appropriate confidence interval? (4 points: 3 points for margin of error and confidence interval, 1 point for goal on interval)
Evaluating Your Company’s Decisions
5. Part of your report involves evaluating the experimental design used by Marjin-O’Heara. Can you find any problems with the method of sampling that may have introduced some level of bias? (2 points: 2 points for the discussion of bias)
6. Based on your company’s criteria for decision making and your analysis of bias in the research report done by Marjin-O’Heara, do you think the company made the correct decision? Why or why not? (2 points: 1 point for the decision, 1 point for the explanation)
For assignment help, place an order
Why We Are The Best Assignment help service
Best Assignment Writing Services
We make certain that all of your directions are followed to the letter. S elect your academic level: high school, university/college, or professional, and an expert with the appropriate degree will be assigned to you.
Professional Academic Writers with Years of Experience
We have a group of assignment writing experts boasting academic and corporate writing skills. Many are native speakers who can assist you with any assignment.
Unlimited and Free Revisions
Submit your order for revision if you believe we missed something. After receiving the finished document, you get 10 days to send the order for evaluation. You can do this by signing into your private account or contact our customer service.
Money-back Guarantee and Quick Delivery
Papers are delivered on time. We may approach you about extending the deadline if we ever need extra time to perfect your paper. If you are unable to give us more time, a full refund is provided.
Confidential and Originality
We utilize a variety of plagiarism detection methods to verify that all of the materials you get are clear from plagiarism. All statements in the paper are carefully reviewed by our editors. In addition, we guarantee complete anonymity in our services.
24/7 Customer Care
Our customer service representatives are accessible 24 hours every day, seven days every week, and are dedicated to providing the best possible service. Please contact us when you need assistance.
There's no need to finish your paper late at night. We can handle the paper as you sleep. We provide a wide range of assignment help.
Essay and assignment help
You are allowed to select your educational level and paper type at affordable prices, regardless of what type of assignment you require or how urgently you need it. We handle all of your paper requirements and provide a customer service system that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week..
Admission and Personal statement
An admission essay is a written statement submitted by an applicant, most commonly a prospective student applying to a college or university. You can rest assured that we will produce a quality admission essay..
Proofreading and Editing
Our professional essay writers and editors polish your document by making the essential modifications. We also structure your document by citing sources accurately and providing reference lists in APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian, and other formats..
Revision/Improve my paper
You can request a review if you believe your paper could be better. Your essay will be reviewed by the expert or handed to an editor. This option can be used as many times as you want. This is provided without extra charges since we want you to be entirely satisfied..